Tip #1: Bed bug prevention
Summer is around the corner; it is the “bed bug season” due to travels.
To help prevent bed bug encounters during your summer vacation:
- Thoroughly inspect the entire room before unpacking, including behind the headboard, under lights and inside dressers, sofas and chairs.
- Pull back sheets and inspect mattress seams and box springs, particularly at the corners, for telltale stains or spots.
- Avoid placing luggage on furniture or luggage racks where bed bugs can hide unseen.
- When returning home from a trip, vacuum and properly inspect suitcases before bringing into the home, then wash and dry all clothes on hot cycles.
If you think you have bed bugs in your house, call a professional immediately. Do not attempt to do the treatment yourself.
Tip #2: Cockroach prevention
- Practice good sanitation
- Take food garbage outside prior to going to bed every night
- Do not let dishes piling up in the kitchen sink.
Tip #3: Rodent prevention
- Seal all cracks around the house using a proper sealant
- Do not leave doors open
- Make sure garage door closes properly and there is no gaps underneath. Replace or repair door weather strip if damaged.
Call Humber Pest Control if you think you have any of these pests